Thursday, April 26, 2012

Trusting Christ: A Hymn

I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
          Trusting only Thee:
Trusting Thee for full salvation,
          Great and free.

I am trusting Thee for pardon,
          At Thy feet I bow;
For Thy grace and tender mercy,
          Trusting now.

I am trusting Thee for cleansing
          In the crimson flood;
Trusting Thee to make me holy
          By Thy blood.

I am trusting Thee to guide me;
          Thou alone shalt lead,
Every day and hour supplying
          All my need.

I am trusting Thee for power,
          Thine can never fail;
Words which Thou Thyself shalt give me
          Must prevail.

I am trusting Thee, Lord Jesus;
          Never let me fall;
I am trusting Thee forever,
          And for all.
~Miss Frances Ridley Havergal, recorded in Christ in Song: Hymns of Immanuel, Selected from All Ages, with Notes, Volume 2, by Philip Schaff

No comments: